Listed here are typical installation guidelines for the ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane by having a generator wiring harness that is 8-pin.
Note: For action 7 you will have to buy 14-gauge electric cable for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to prevent disruption of coast energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 cables in your generator wiring harness.
Make use of a label or tape to mark each cable and that means you won't forget which wire is which.
- A - Ground - Brown
- B - Stop - Green
- C - Begin - Red
- E - Run - Orange
On a normal ONAN 10-pin wiring harness the cables are labeled regarding the harness the following
- A - Ground
- C - Begin
- E - Stop
- F - Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not all the ONAN generators have actually the same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed because of the dealer or RV manufacturer. Make certain you have actually correctly identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with Step 3.original source site
Connect one Posi-Tap to every regarding the 4 wires identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) according to the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to E AVOID
- Red cable to C START
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Remember to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation picture we utilized wires that are white expand into the harness because of location of y our product. The closer the installation of y our product to your wiring harness will help you to make use of the provided 4-foot wire length we offer.
- Link the red cable from the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to a single part for the enable switch making use of the provided Posi-Lock or perhaps a crimp connector.
- Connect the 2nd red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another region of the enable switch. One other end for this wire that is red fundamentally get in touch to your good battery terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch while the red cable from (L+) regarding the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) from the ShorePower track to ground (any metal in your RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See diagram that is wiring - Transfer Switch Connection):
You need 14-gauge stranded electrical cable for the run from our device to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to at least one region of the 110 Volts in the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter into the center connection (common) regarding the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light ON, if most of the cables, like the cables to your transfer switch, have already been properly linked. .
- To evaluate the machine turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The light that is green the MeanWell is certainly going down and in around 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for approximately a moment then re-connect to shore energy and our unit will immediately shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The green light on the MeanWell should come straight straight back on.
SIGNIFICANT NOTE: switching the ENABLE CHANGE On or OFF doesn't impact the green light on the ShorePower Monitor or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ENABLE CHANGE just allows or disables monitoring.
This is exactly what a set-up that is typical seem like as soon as it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking here.